Fresh Asparagus with shaved parmesan cheese served with balsamic glaze
Fresh Asparagus with shaved parmesan cheese
served with balsamic glaze
- 2 bunches medium asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated or shaved Parmesan, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus, usually about 1 1/2 inches. Lightly peel the remaining stalks (not always necessary, but more of a personal preference). Spread the spears in a single layer on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and roll to coat thoroughly.
- Roast the asparagus until lightly browned and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes, giving the pan a good shake about halfway through to turn the asparagus. Arrange the roasted asparagus on a serving platter and top with some Parmesan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature