Baked Salmon Salad on Cucumber Rounds
Easy, healthy and delicious appetizer to serve a crowd, all while keeping you on your healthy eating path.
- 1 pound Wild Salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp each: Sea Salt, freshly ground black pepper, Smoked Paprika, juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 English Cucumbers, cut into 1/4 inch
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the Salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet. Season the fillet with the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and the lemon juice and rub to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the fish is firm, but still pink. If you prefer it more well done, bake for an extra 5 minutes.
- Take out the fish and let it cool completely. Flake it into a bowl and mix in the red onion, mustard and mayonnaise.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of salmon salad onto a cucumber round. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
*Salmon salad can be made a day ahead of time, but cut the cucumbers right before serving. Also great on a whole grain bun for a picnic lunch!