Black Bean Dip with Pepper and Chili
- 1 15 oz. can Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed, reserving some of the liquid
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 chipotle chili, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the black beans in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the red onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili and mix to combine. Add the cumin, salt and pepper and cilantro. Add some of the reserved liquid from the can of beans if the mixture is too thick. Mix well and taste for seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with pita chips or raw vegetables.
Makes approx 3 cups