Smoked Salmon on Baked Pita Bread
This really quick and easy appetizer makes a beautiful presentation when served as a first course for an elegant, intimate dinner, or as a main course for brunch. I like to opt for the pita bread because even though as a New Yorker, bagels were an integral part of my childhood, as an adult I find that they are so dense, I have trouble digesting them.
- 6 oz. Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon, thinly sliced
- Flatbread, cut into triangles
- Softened plain cream cheese
- Fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pita triangles on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for approximately 5 minutes, or until the pita is lightly browned and warmed.
- When cooled, place a thin smear of cream cheese on the pita bread.
- Top with a slice of the smoked salmon. Repeat for all triangles.
- Top with capers and a sprig or two of fresh chives. Serve.