Seasonal Vegetable Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, washed well and sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled Goat Cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the vegetables: wash the Swiss Chard in several changes of water and spin dry in a salad spinner. Split the leeks lengthwise in half, then cut into slices. Wash in several changes of water being sure to open up the layers to get all the sand, and spin dry in a salad spinner.
- Place an ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and sauté the leeks until soft. Add the swiss chard and sauté until soft.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a large bowl and beat well until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Pour them over the vegetables in the skillet and stir gently. Add the goat cheese
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and cook until the eggs are nearly set, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove the cover and place in the oven until the eggs are cooked through and the goat cheese is melted.
- Run a knife around the edges of the pan and remove the eggs to a plate, cut into wedges and serve immediately.